Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Relative Pronouns & Clauses
Transcript of Relative Pronouns & Clauses
Today we're talking about relative pronouns
What are they?
Which ones are there?
Words used after a noun, to make clear which person or thing we are talking about
Used for people
Used for things and animals
Can be used instead of who or which, but not after a comma!
Dit is Usain Bolt, hij is de man
een wereldrecord heeft gevestigd
This is Usian Bolt, he is the man ____ has set a world record.
Dit is een vrouw
heel snel kan zwemmen.
This is a woman ____ can swim really quickly.
Dit zijn de mannen
goud hebben gehaald.
These are the men ____ have won gold medals.
Dit zijn de skis
de sporters gebruiken
These are the skis _____ the sportsmen will use
Dit zijn de honden
These are the dogs _____ save lives.
Dit zijn de sleeën
gebruikt worden bij de Olympische spelen.
These are the sleds _____ are used at the Olympic Games.
Zij is degene die naar de wedstrijd wil gaan kijken.
She is that one ____ wants to go watch the game
Dit zijn de schoenen
Usain Bolt gebruikt.
These are the shoes ____ Usain Bolt uses.
De koningin, die erg oud is, was er ook.
The Queen, ____ is very old, was also there
1. Mr Richards, ____ is a bus driver, lives on the corner.
2. The keys ________I gave you have disappeared.
3. Your e-mail, ____ I have read, was very nice.
4. The man, ____ forgot his umbrella yesterday, has picked it up this morning.
5. What did you do with the money ________ your mother gave you?
6. Our teacher, ____ is ill right now, has given us homework.
7. His father, ____ works as a police officer, is overweight.
8. The cinema, ____ is across the road, is closing soon.
9. The pizza ________ I made yesterday, tasted great.
10. My uncle, ____ is a bartender, is a really cool guy
Choose for each number a suitable letter and use who/which/that to link the two sentences together.
1. The statue ... is Churchill
2. The commentator, ..., has a very calm voice.
3. The London Bridge, ..., was beautifully decorated.
4. The building ... is the Olympic Stadium.
5. The woman ... is the Queen of England.
6. The man ... is James Bond.
7. The people in the building, ..., were tourists.
8. Daniel Craig is the person ...
A. ... jumps out of the plane first ...
B. ... were wearing yellow caps ...
C. ... is talking on the background ...
D. ... was waving ...
E. ... is wearing the black suit ...
F. ... plays the role of 007.
G. ... is a famous bridge in London ...
H. ... they want to land in ...
1. The statue
was waving is Churchill.
2. The commentator,
is talking on the background, has a very calm voice.
3. The London Bridge,
is a famous bridge in London, was beautifully decorated.
4. The building
they want to land in is the Olympic Stadium.
5. The woman
jumps out of the plane first, is the Queen of England.
6. The man
is wearing the black suit is James Bond.
7. The people in the building,
were wearing yellow caps, were tourists.
8. Daniel Craig is the person
plays the role of 007.
Take a look at these pictures and write down at least 5 sentences which describe what is happening in those pictures. Use relative clauses and pronouns!
Example: The man who won the match is from Morocco.
Let's play a game, shall we?
- The class gets divided into two teams.
- Every member of the team has to participate.
- If the team playing the game does not say the right answer the other team gets a chance.
- You cannot use your hands or any other body language.
Now what are we going to play?....
Example: 1. The statue which/that is waving is Churchill. So 1 = D.