Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What is a Good School?
Transcript of What is a Good School?
A good school teaches students to lead and live an examined life. Carolyn Shields - What is a Good School? STUDENTS
TAUGHT! In a good school... The Courage to Teach: Exploring the Inner Landscape of a Teacher's Life - P.J. Palmer
Good Intentions are Not Enough - C. Shields Further Readings It certainly depends on who you ask! What is a Good School? By:
Connie Learning A good school must:
promote the development of reflecting on and critiquing information not just receiving it
be a community
use assessment practices that are worthwhile
have leadership who intervene with integrity and purpose, who are more than just positional Students learn to: construct
challenge - Dewey
We have all heard people say,
"My kid goes to a good school" or
"I work in a good school" or
"Is that a good school?"
Is there a common understanding of what constitutes a "good school"? Paulo Friere John Dewey B.F. Skinner ME! ME!