Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Senior Project
Dickerson, Matthew and O' Hara David. From Homer to Harry Potter. Grand Rapids: Brazos Press, 2006.
Hunt, Peter. Children's Literature: An Illustrated History. New York: Oxford University Press, 1995.
Popova, Maria. A Breif History of Childrens Picture Books and The Art of Visual Story Telling . 24 Feburaury 2012. 4 December 2012 <www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2012/02/24/childrens-picturebooks/>.
Townsend, Beth. Inside the Industry: Publishing. North Mankato: ABDO Publishing Company, 2011. This is how I did my Story Boarding. I used post-it notes on my wall to make rough sketches and write a story line. Then depending on what i wanted to change, i just added or took away the sticky notes on the wall My original story's title page and original "Sketch Book Pro" drawing. After using the application for a week I realized it was too time consuming for my project and I didn't have the patience for it, so I switched to drawing by hand. This is the application i used to make my eBook, iBooks Author these are screen shots of what it looks like to work on this program. - An electronic book or e-book is a text and image-based publication in digital form.
- 66% of U.S. public libraries offer eBooks
- In 2012, online bookseller Amazon.com sold 140 e-books for every 100 hardcover books.
- There are over 2,000,000 free books available for download. the number of ebook sold versus the number of paper/hard back books has sky-rocketed since 2009 For my drawings I had my characters cut out so I could move them around and place them where I wanted them to go. When going through the publishing process i had to choose the categories my book could be found under, the target audience, adding in my cover art, and choosing other various tags that my book can be found under. These books run from 50 to 1,500 words. Many children have a short attention span, so this length is appropriate. There are three categories of picture books:
1) Books for babies to three-year-olds. These books have very little text.
2) Books for toddlers to five-year-olds. These books are designed to be read aloud and at one sitting. They should have a happy ending. Length of sentences is about five to six words. These books should take no longer than 15 minutes to read.
3) Books for five- to eight-year-olds. These books contain a story. They should have a beginning, a middle, and an end. The plot should be simple. These books may also be read aloud.