Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Integrating Community Voice
Zone 126on 28 September 2012
Transcript of Integrating Community Voice
Engagement into the Cradle to Career Civic Infrastructure Community Engagement Continuum Discuss Principles of Authentic Community Engagement Share Examples of Authentic Community Engagement Hear from All of You! Where we work Who we are Who we care about! Community Engagement Continuum
Interaction is occasional
Trust is limited Examples:
Interaction is frequent, structured
Trust is growing/evolving
Community brings unique knowledge to partnership (cultural competency)
Two-way, equal input
Interaction is frequent
Trust is relational
Community owns the Mission Examples: In summary: Multiple Types Make it Happen! Objectives: Thank You! West Hill
South End Strive Network Convening
September 28, 2012 Examples: Advisory Council Work Groups Community Retreats Zone 126 Staff 1. Community needs & assets
2. Existing services and gaps
3. Evidence and program quality
4. Existing and new solutions
5. Create an action plan 8 hours...
26 approved! Audience Examples! C.O.R.E Community Grants Community Conversation Leaders Data Committee zcsd Investment One Way, Info Focused Audience Examples! Audience Examples! Characteristics: Characteristics: Decision Day: Final 26 Solutions (Community Organizing for Resident Engagement) Post-planning: what now? Needs identified Solutions FROM community Zone Builders Characteristics: Authentic Engagement is worth the investment Accountability structure at work