Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Banksy & Streetart
Transcript of Banksy & Streetart
presentation by florian weidl
Streetart vs Graffiti
: Work which is displayed in public rather than in art galleries. Its intention is to transmit a special message (political, religious etc. ) and is therefore directed to the public.
: Work which is displayed in public rather than in art galleries. In contrast to street artists, graffiti artists are not interested in the public understanding their work. They rather want to communicate with other graffiti artists.
! closely related contemporary art movements!
probably born in Bristol 1974/75
freehand graffiti artist in Bristol (1990-1994) --> Bistrols DryBreadZ Crew DBZ)
gaining national and international attention since 2000
preferred painting technique: stenciling
art pieces are worth more than £ 100.000
also author and filmmaker
cultural icone (comparable to Shakespeare)
Messages conveyed by Banksy´s art
critic on society