Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of WATER RESOURCE
SOURCES OF FRESH WATER
Yes it is renewable because it rains. But the underground water supply is not so renewable. There are so many people using the underground reserves, that it doesn't have time to replenish. So they will eventually run out, unless we give them time to replenish.
• Always turn taps off tightly so they do not drip.
• Promptly repair any leaks in and around your taps. (One leak can waste several thousand liters of water per year.)
• When hand-washing dishes, never run water continuously.
Application of 3R formulas i.e. Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle.
Water is a limited Resource!
What each of us does in the world, how we live, does make a difference. As we learn the value of clean, safe water and how scarce it truly is, we can take steps to protect it and to get it to people who lack access today.
Well, Water Resource can't be only liquid
and not necessarily colorless!
Water resources are the sources of
water that are potentially useful.
It can be oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, ponds.
Categories of Water Resource
According to WWF report, there are more than 326 million trillion gallons of water on Earth. Less than 3 % of all this water is fresh water and of that amount, more than two-thirds is locked up in ice caps and glaciers.
Fresh Water Use
How the world uses freshwater:
• about 70 percent for irrigation
• about 20 percent for industry
• about 10 percent for domestic use
WATER USAGE SCHEDULE
Is Fresh Water a renewable resource?
Amount of Water on Earth is always the same!
Do you know?
Let’s start with the traditional meaning of “irrigate” that is to supply by artificial means.
Hence Irrigation is the artificial application of water to the land or soil where water is not in abundance.
Its purpose is to give crops the right amount of water without damaging the soil and crops.
World’s best irrigation system
Pakistan owns one of the world's best irrigation systems in the world!
• Rivers have been the largest water source for many years,
• the rain fall has also been an important source
• The third one is ground water
WATER IS LIFE!
Contamination of water bodies like lakes, rivers, oceans, and groundwater.
Water pollution occurs when pollutants are discharged directly or indirectly into water bodies
without adequate treatment to remove harmful compounds.
CAUSES OF WATER POLLUTION
Disposal of untreated municipal liquid waste
Leaking sewer lines
Industrial waste water
EFFECTS OF WATER POLLUTION!!
WATER ACROSS THE WORLD!
EFFORTS DONE BY WWF
WWF has worked on fresh water conservation for decades.
Coca-Cola Company and WWF.
Development of integrated river basin management (IRBM) for Indus Basin.
SAVE WATER BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!
VIDEO BY WWF