Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of William Shakespeare:
William Shakespeare :
* The Shakespearean period was not clean
* It is totally different to living in our time.
* Some of the things they did will disgust you
* Your going to be shocked at the end of this presentation
* Sit tight and enjoy.
Poo, Gardyloo, what's that all about?
* In shakespeare's time there were no toilets
* SO they deposited there poo through out the windows eeurgh
*They shouted ' Gardyloo '
*Imagine that you are walking along the street, and poo is thrown
out of the window and it lands on you. How would you feel?
* That the unclean rodents who had been infected by fleas,
was thought to had started the plague.
*The rats were also the cheapest way of torturing another
*As the disease struck, it had taken over 1/3 of Europe.
*This was known as the 'Black Death'
*The Black death was known to be started by rats.
*The villagers locked themselves from the diseases, too take the smell of death away, then they carried around flowers to
ward of the smell. Thats were the Medieval Doctors came.
*Medieval Doctors wore masks, which
carried flowers to ward off the bad smell.
* When the Black Death came to their
area, the couldn't do anything but to
bled the patient or administer a concoction of herbs.
What can you see in this picture?
*The houses are getting burnt.
*People wanted to get rid of the disease.
*They burnt the houses with diseases of the dead, and not
forgetting the 'Black Death'
*Also, villages were burnt down for the same reason.
*With all the burning, they thought they had killed the
disease, just as they thought it was over, a new rash of
illness hit the town.
How does this picture link to the rats
at William's time?
What does this picture mean?
*This picture represents rubbish, and people's unwanted
* Rats are attracted to things like this. And at the time
they threw their trash outside onto a street.
*In a rats view, it would be like heaven. With all the
leftover food, and the villagers unwanted stuff.
What have we learnt?
*We have learn about how people deposited their toilet
waste in William's time.
*How the plague started?
*What was Black Death?
*How they tried to cure black death?
*Who were the 'Medieval Doctors', how they reacted to
the disease, and how they looked like?
*How were the rats linked to the 'Plague'?
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
* Disastrous outbreak
* Spread all over Europe
* Thousands died
* William was born during the plague
* He went to his mother's house to avoid
it, Mary Arden
* Shakespeare's siblings died
* Physician Doctor