Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Hinduism
Not founded by one person
Vedas - sacred writings
Upanishads - commentary on Vedas
Ramayana - epic about duties of relationships
Mahabharata - epic about the struggle for power between two families
Bhagavad Gita (part of the Mahabharata) - conversation with Krishna)
Hindu Literary Works
Vedic Religion (based on Vedas)
Name of a supreme power or force
Greater than all deities
Everything in the world is a part of Brahman
Cycle of Brahman
Constantly creating, destroying,
and re-creating the universe
Spark of Brahman in people
Law, obligation, and duty
To follow one’s dharma means to perform one’s duties and to live in an honorable way.
Actions or deeds
Determines next life
Samsara & Moksha
Cycle of birth, death and rebirth
Release from cycle -no longer reborn
Holy journeys where people would travel to sacred places (Ganges River)
No unified system of beliefs