Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Cortisol/Adrenocorticotropic hormone
- Anterior pituitary gland stimulated by CRH > secretes ACTH
- Regulates adrenal cortex (cell growth, hormone secretion)
- Stimulates secretion of cortisol ACTH Cortisol steriod hormone Cortisol - glucocorticoid
- stimulated by ACTH
- secreted by adrenal cortex (glands)
•selects right type and amount of energy source (carb., protein, fat)
•“fight or flight” response; temporarily higher energy production
•coping with stressed situations Congenital adrenal hyperplasia pituitary gland not producing enough hormones Tumor in other part of body causing too much cortisol production acute adrenal crisis -allergic disorders
-addison’s disease - dexamethasone