Loading presentation...

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM


Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.



Geography prezi project

Alyson Fritzmann

on 19 April 2010

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of Ireland

The capital of Ireland is Dublin.
Its coordinates are 53'N, 6'W. IRELAND There are two main spoken languages in Ireland. Those languages are English and Gaelic. About 42% of Ireland's population speaks Gaelic, and the remaining 58% speak a mixture of languages, but mostly English. The currency used in Ireland are pounds. It is still in use, or was in use, by over 55 countries, and continues to be the oldest currency still used today. Located in the continent of Europe, Ireland is one of 50 self-governing countries in Europe. Although open to any religion, Ireland's main religion is Roman Catholic. The population of Ireland consists of 4,460,000 people. Most are from a Celtic descent, while many are from an English descent. The Irish Flag was adopted in 1919 by the Irish Republic during its war of independence. It is commonly called the Irish tricolour. Although there is no official meaning, many believe that green represents the Irish nationalist tradition of Ireland, orange represents the Orange tradition in Ireland, and the white represents the peace between them. Ireland's economic resources consist of natural gas, petroleum, peat, copper, lead, dolomite, barite, limestone, qypsum, silver, and some zinc. Ireland's main ways of transportaion are trains, highways, waterways, pipelines (not for people), ports, harbors, and airports. Ireland's GDP is -1.28% as of January 2010. The longest place name in Ireland is Muckanaghederdauhaulia. An old Irish birthday tradition is to lift the child upside down and give his head a few gentle bumps on the floor for good luck. According to many historians, over 40% of all American presidents have had some Irish ancestory. Dublin was originally called "Dubh Linn", which means "Black Pool". The name refers to an ancient treade lake in the city, which is now part of a penguin enclosure at the Dublin City Zoo. Created by Juliana, Allison and Alyson Resources: www.flags.net, www.census.gov/ipc/www/idb,
www.nationmaster.com/countries.php, www.destination360.com/
europe/ireland/blarney-castle The Blarney Castle was built in 1446 by Dermot McCarthy. This castle is one of Irelands most famous attractions. It was the third structure to be built on this site. At one time the castle was occupied by Cormac McCarthy, King of Munster.
Full transcript