Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Soul music
James Brown - The godfather of soul
Role of labels - like a backing band for artists
Stax, Motown, Atlantic
Helped unify the "soul" sound
Features of Soul music
Syncopated rhythms - Bass and Drums
Role of the singer - similar to the role of a preacher
Musical elements of Jazz and Gospel music
Precursor of "Funk"
What is soul?
Developed in the 1950-60's
Borrowed from church music - Gospel
Predominantly African American invention
From R&B to soul
Forms - Verse (A), Chorus (B), Bridge (C)
Timbre - listen for:
Dynamics - listen for:
Accents - "stabbing" lines