Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Braeden Dial Classical Era
Transcript of Braeden Dial Classical Era
By Braeden Dial
Ludwig Van Beethoven
Ludwig Van Beethoven was one of the most famous and influencial composer in music history.
Born: December 17, 1770 in Bonn, Germany
Death: March 26, 1827 in Vienna Austria
Instruments: Piano and Violin
Fact: Beethoven was the first composer to use the metronome, and in 1817 he published metronomic indications for his (then) eight symphonies
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was a prolific and influential composer of the Classical era.
Born: January 27, 1756 in Salzburg, Austria
Death: December 5, 1791 in Vienna, Austria
Instruments: Piano, Organ, and Violin
Fact: By age 6, Mozart was writing his own compositions.
Franz Joseph Haydn
"Father of the Symphony"
Franz Joseph Haydn, known as Joseph Haydn, was an Austrian composer, one of the most prolific and prominent of the Classical period.
Born: March 31, 1732 in Rohrau, Austria
Death: May 31, 1809 in Vienna, Austria
Instruments: Piano, Violin, and Harpsicord
Fact: Joseph Haydn created 104 symphonies.
"The Great Benefactor"
Antonio Salieri was an Italian classical composer, conductor and teacher who spent his adult life and career as a faithful subject of the Habsburg monarchy.
Born:August 18, 1750 in Legnago,Italy
Died: May 7, 1825 in Vienna, Austria
Instruments: Clarinet, Keyboard, Organ, and Violin
Fact: Salieri's father, also named Antonio, was a reasonably wealthy agricultural merchant who fathered eleven or twelve children.
Background of Classical
The roots of Western classical music originate from Egyptian musical art. Chironomy and ancient Egyptian orchestra, which dates to 2,695BCE, are both kinds of this music. Classical music is art music rooted in the traditions of Western music.
During this time period...
1. 1756 - England declares war on France, as the French and Indian War in the colonies now spreads to Europe.
2. 1762 - England declares war on Spain, which had been planning to ally itself with France and Austria. The British then successfully attack Spanish outposts in the West Indies and Cuba.
3. December 16, 1773 - About 8000 Bostonians gather to hear Sam Adams tell them Royal Governor Hutchinson has repeated his command not to allow the ships out of the harbor until the tea taxes are paid. That night, the Boston Tea Party occurs as colonial activists disguise themselves as Mohawk Indians then board the ships and dump all 342 containers of tea into the harbor.
Symphony No. 9
Timbre Mezzo Piano
Timbre Mezzo Forte
- Joseph Haydn
Suspensful, Sad, Mad
Symphony in G minor- W.A. Mozart
Beethoven Flash Mob