Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Sustainability
Hank Feeser, PhD
What is sustainability?
It involves this...
Problems with concept:
Profit & Politics!!!
What you see depends on where you stand (or sit)
How firms are embracing sustainability varies greatly across industries and countries.
Countries: Extreme-Bhutan -See link:
1800s - Charters
Over time = Max Shareholder Wealth
1980s Stakeholders (E. Freeman)
1987 Triple Bottom line fleshed out
1987 United Nations - capacity to endure
2005 Reconciliation environmental, social & economic demands
2007 People Planet Profit
2010 to Now -> B Corps & Beneficial Corps
The business of business is business.
Price/share incorporates long-run earnings, dividends etc.
Efficient Market Hypothesis
Everything is incorporated into a firm's stock price.
Maximize Shareholder Wealth
Beneficial Corporations vs B Corp
More on 2B Corps
Tinker, Sailor, Racer, Spy-not
Trends Driving Sustainability:
Changing social expectations
Tenere=to hold Sus=Up
a high level plan to achieve
one or more goals under conditions of uncertainty.
C-Level [Only course!]