Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
MGMT 5311 - Ch. 7
Transcript of MGMT 5311 - Ch. 7
Dr. Laura Guerrero
As a group, explain and give an example:
1. role ambiguity
2. role conflict
2. role overload
3. information overload
4. life changes
4. why are positive life changes stressful?
As a group, define and give examples of
1. work-family conflict
2. family to work conflict
3. work to family enrichment
4. family to work enrichment
Organizational approaches to managing stress
1. clear expectations
2. giving employees autonomy
3. fair work environments
6. employee assistance programs
7-9: which of these are used by your organization? do they work well?
As a group, explain
2. difference between positive and negative emotions
3. emotional contagion
4. affective events theory
6. emotional labor
7. 3 levels of emotional labor
8. emotional intelligence
9. four building blocks of emotional intelligence
As a group,
tell us about a time that one of your team members performed emotional labor
Was it difficult? if so, why?
What is stress?
Why does stress matter in organizations?
Explain how these factors impact stress:
1. A and B personalities
2. diet, exercise and sleep
3. social support
4. time management
What are emotions?
Why do MBAs need to learn about emotions in the workplace?
What is emotional contagion?
What does affective events theory say?
What is emotional labor?
How is it linked to stress?
Give example of a time when you were required to perform emotional labor.
Was it difficult for you? if so, why?
For the individual, there are psychological and physiological outcomes of stress
For the organization, there are poor job attitudes and behaviors
Explain these organizational approaches to managing stress:
1. clear expectations
2. fair work environment
4. employee assistance programs