Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Healthy Church: Plurality of Elders
Transcript of Healthy Church: Plurality of Elders
Who is in charge?
If one person isn't in charge, how will things get done?
Apostolic Transition Example
Timothy and Titus
1 Timothy 5:17-18
“17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine. 18 For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.”
First Among Equals?
Isn't plurality just lip service to a sense of equality?
How is this practically different from a Senior Pastor with a staff of Assistant Pastors?
What about disagreements?
The example of Peter
The example of Paul
They are not Apostles
They exercise teaching roles
They exercise ruling authority
An emphasis on those laboring in the Word
This is happening among other Elders
This is an outworking of both gifting and effort
This is the right of all Elders
Mitigated speech is when we speak in a deferential way in order to be polite or show deference to authority.
What is the greatest contributing factor to the decline of plane crashes?
2. Crew Obligation Statement
3. Crew Suggestion
Degrees of Mitigated Speech
The Pilot is flying the plane instead of the co-piolot