Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Indian Railways' Dilemma
Transcript of Indian Railways' Dilemma
Indian Railways’ significance
Lifeline of India
Separate rail budget
Oldest institution of the country
1.4 Mn employees, 16Mn daily passengers
Growing economy and consumers
Increase in passengers
More number of reservations
Passenger Reservation System (PRS)
Introduced in 1986
Manual to file-based system
Reservation available at all stations today
Less errors and unethical practices
Time-tested and robust PRS
But is it enough?
Changing business needs
Competition from road and airways
Increase in ever growing demands may eventually make the system unstable
The internet age
Incrementally enhancing existing PRS
Switchover to new system
Modernization of Passenger Reservation System: Indian Railways' Dilemma