Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Current Trends in Art Education
Transcript of Current Trends in Art Education
in Art Education What do you think? http://www.lizhickok.com/02alamo.html
Contemporary Artist Inspiration Step 1, Step 2, Step 3 = Instant Art
Nifty exercises with elements and principles
Mimcry DBAE: copying style and subject of famous artworks
Apologetic DBAE: minimal art history connections
Replicas of cultural or religious art from years ago
Focus only on media technique and skills Problem solving, creative decision making
Storytelling, personal voice and choice
Connections to student lives and interests
Student as researcher, art as experience
Multiple ways of making, range of ways of appreciating
Eclectic, democratic curriculum: formal, expressive, abstract, realism, folk art, design
Meaning - meaningful engagement
Contemporary art Each instructional unit should/could:
(1) deal with an issue of developmental importance to the students
(2) be based on a contemporary social theme
(3) include examples of past and recent artworks which have explored these themes, and
(4) teach a method (conceptual and/or technical) for constructing works of art.
http://www.uic.edu/classes/ad/ad382/sites/SpiralWorkshop/SW_index.html Faces of School Art What's Missing? Olivia Gude's Model