Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
RE 11 Unit 2 : In the beginning....
Transcript of RE 11 Unit 2 : In the beginning....
- why did God test him?
- love requires total self-giving
-self-sacrifice is essential to our relationship with God
-God needs to be in the drivers seat
So...how do we fix our epic fails??
In the beginning....
-discuss and jot down your conclusions
What do you know?
- why is this story important?
-Is the story of Adam & Eve true?
-does Evolution contradict the book of Genesis?
Story of Creation
- Get a Bible and read Genesis 1
-summarize what happens on each day
- science vs.
With a partner in 2 mins:
- What do you know about the story of Adam and Eve
-Why is it significant to our Christian story?
-creation ex nihilo
"formless and empty"
- God gives it form and fills it
-How does God create?
- Word of God = Jesus
- Holy Trinity from the beginning
-7th day = God rested
-why? Is He exhausted?
-Creates the world and humans out of love
-Sabbath is a sign of that love
-Hebrew word for covenant is sheba based on the number for 7
-God's binding himself to creation
-created in the "divine image of God"
-the world was fashioned as a sanctuary - the holy place God dwells
-Adam was conceived as a priest
Adam's Duties? (ref. Genesis 1:28 & 2:15)
Man Falling Down
-Read Genesis 3
- is it a myth? fairy tale? fable? a riddle? or a "proverb"?
-serpent = Nahash,
deadly, powerful, evil creature
Scared Unto Death?
- Adam = scared for his life
- he chose to save his life but would up losing it
-feared dying disobeying God which resulted in slavery
-God who loved him and gave him everything
Who is to blame? Adam or Eve?
- Adam and Eve were together the whole time
- Hebrew the who used for "you" is equivalent to English's "y'all"
-Why didn't Adam speak to the serpent?
-out of fear; he failed to remain faithful to God and failed protecting his wife
-Ephesians 5: 25
Fun Facts about Men and Women!!
-Who has more cooties?
-Who are bigger momma mommas?
-How much of their lifetime is spent looking in the mirror?
-How many words per/day?
- which drivers are worse for the environment?
- Why doesn't he listen??!!!
Pius XII stressed this essential point: If the human body take its origin from pre-existent living matter, the spiritual soul is immediately created by God
How does God reveal himself?
-Adam and Eve were exiled but are promised redemption
-Mary new "Eve"
- Eve disregarded God's commands
Mary freely gives herself to God's will
-Eve "mother of the living"
Mary is given to be the mother of Jesus and the ppl. of God
The New Adam
-Jesus is the new Adam
-Jesus enters the world as the new Adam, the person Adam was suppose to be
-Jesus comes to do God's will not his own
-Jesus serves and sacrifices his life
On the same page you recorded what you knew about the book of Genesis answer the following question:
-what concepts, terminology have you learnt from today's lesson
-how Jesus the new Adam and Mary the new Eve
-What significance does this lesson have for our lives?