Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Digital citizenship - for teachers short
Transcript of Digital citizenship - for teachers short
These terms refer to "what people do online when no one else is looking” and is much broader than cyber safety.
Mentoring students to become digital citizens includes addressing issues of respect and identity, access and Internet safety. It starts with you.
Confident, Connected, Collaborative learners
2. Respect yourself and respect others
1. Protect yourself and protect others
3. Respect and protect property
no 1 lkes u, yr fat & ugly
3. Protect and respect property
Follow lesson plans on the VLN: Digital Citizenship group
Especially try this wiki made specifically for schools
as well as the bookmarks for DC
New Zealand's collaborative Digital citizenship project in Google sites
Teacher's Council videos on being safe online
and try this for a good Facebook fright...
2008 research shows:
Sutble, put down, dig or sarcasm, diminishing social status, relationships
Intentional act of harm, physical, visible, trackable, frequent, obvious
Direct harassment on Mobile
Rumors spread on Internet
Threats of physical harm mobile 32% online 20%
Threatening property and people they care for
Abusive images, videos in order to harass
Videoing harassing of behaviours, very low incidents,
School community gangs, ex boyfriend, girlfriend, Anonymous 27% 38%
Bullying in the Playground
Undesirable, illegal, immoral