Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Codes and Conventions of horror films
Transcript of Codes and Conventions of horror films
Good vs Evil
Living dead (zombie/vampire)
Science gone wrong
Monster of the night (werewolf, vampire, zombies)
Final girl (the last victim standing)
The non believer
loved up couple
Horror sub genres
Horror can be split into sub genres:
The Monster Scare
There is usually elements of things such as death, murder, the unknown, unnatural, ghosts, vampires, zombies, blood, some kind of weapon like a knife or axe. There is often a antagonist out to kill the protagonist and they have to fight for survival.
The settings within horror films are usually isolated, abandoned or locations with a hidden past this can create a sense of tension and how they are alone, these are usually set at night time. However the setting for a horror genre is varied and can be set in almost any location at any time of day.