Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Towel Workout
No gym? No sweat!
Everyone has a dishtowel or hand towel at home. Using this basic tool, along with a floor that allows for sliding, can be a creative, effective and inexpensive way to get a killer workout!
How can towel exercises benefit me?
Well... lets find out
1. Sit in a chair and put a towel down on the floor in front of you.
2. Put your bare foot on the towel, and keep your heel on the ground.
3. Starting with your little toe, contract your toes to bunch up the towel tightly and sweep it toward the midline of your body. Imagine that you are bringing your little toe under your foot to meet your big toe.
4. Without moving your heel, continue to gather and sweep the towel until you have done 10 repetitions or you run out of towel. Switch feet and repeat.
Single-Leg Squat w/ Towel
1) Stand with your feet together and place your right foot on top of a folded towel.
2) Shifting your weight to your left leg, slide the towel out slowly to your right.
3) Then slowly return to the start position.
Isometric Bicep Hold w/ Towel
1) Twist a large towel so that it is in a long straight line. Step onto one end of the towel with your right foot, grasping the other end of it in your right hand (palm in front of hip facing outward). Keep feet slightly apart, knees slightly bent.
2) Allow enough tension to feel resistance as you curl your right hand in towards your chest. Hold (with tension) at 90 degrees for 30 seconds. Step further away and hold at 45 degrees for 30 seconds. Switch sides and repeat for one set.
3) Adjust resistance by stepping closer (more difficult) or away (easier) from the end of the towel in your hand. Be sure not to hold breath.
About towel exercises
By: Heartim Williams
1) There are plenty of ways to build/ increase strength if you don't have access to a gym
2) It's cheap and affective
3) Exercises are easy
4) Targets both the younger and older population
5) Keep the joints healthy and muscles supple and improve blood circulation