Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Transformers
One application of Induction is used to make Transformers
There are two coils:
The primary will have current and potential running through it. As that current changes the magnetic flux through the secondary will change.
Inducing its own current and potential.
The amount made depends upon the number of windings in each of the coils.
A step down transformer takes a large potential and makes it small, one such goes from 10,000 V to 240 V. What would the ratio of the current be?
If the secondary only has 25 turns, how many does the primary have?
High voltage powerlines, have very little current, this helps reduced the power lost to resistance.
If an average of 150 kW of power is sent via 10,000 V power lines, how much power is lost, if the resistanc in these lines is .1 ohms/km?