Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Scripting
presentation by: Faith Hancock
Practicing Verbal Interactions
Scripting is a strategy that prepares ELLs with simple language interactions or situational dialogues appropriate for upcoming events.
Step by Step
1. Identify an opportunity for verbal interaction
2. Explain and model the script
3. Practice in pairs
4. Assess student progress and understanding
Suggestions for Scripting Activities
Greeting classroom visitors
Celebration visits to principal
Parent nights at school
ANY situation that where certain behavior or language is expected
Let's Watch Our Verbal Interaction Skills
Make a video of the paired practice and watch the video with the students involved helping them to identify their strenghts and ways they can improve.
(Conversations with a new
Grade Level: 1st
Class Size: 22
I allowed the students to watch a few of their video clips before editting it. We discussed what they enjoyed about the process and what they would have changed.
I really enjoyed the scripting strategy. The students felt so special and excited to participate in something different and have that one on one time with me. The students do get nervous in front of the camera and forget exactly what they practiced, but they improvised really well. Being able to think on your feet and speak in all different situations is a very important skill to practice.
50 Strategies for Teaching English Language Learners
^They provide ready made example scripts for different conversations