Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Conflict Management
by Claire Critchlow
Donna St. Sauver
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
What to do?
1. Slow down.
2. Self awareness.
3. Listen with empathy.
4. Communicate consciously.
6. Shift to appreciation. (5 to 1)
8. Model responsibility. What can I do?
o Remember: the goal of effective communication should be mutual understanding and finding a solution that pleases both parties, not “winning” the argument or “being right”
o Keep in mind that it’s important to remain respectful of the other person, even if you don’t like their actions
List the top conflicts you've seen or expect to see as a RA
Reenact a conversation using one of the conflicts
Use the RISC PAUSE model to facilitate effective communication
- the direct expression of one’s view (thoughts and feelings) of the conflict situation and an invitation for the other party to express her or his views of the conflict.
o Listen carefully
o Try to see their point of view
o Use “I” statements
o Voice direct description of your feelings
o Use questions and paraphrasing to check understanding
o Provide and invite feedback
o Respond to criticism with empathy
o Own what is yours
o Look for compromise
o Take time out
o Don’t give up
* Relax. Slow down
* Self awareness. Mindfulness
* Listen with empathy.
* Non judgement
* Adjust your narrative
* Diaphragmatic Breathing
* Progressive Muscle Relaxation
Peace Within, Peace Between, Peace Among
~ Virginia Satir
eport the facts, stick to the facts
I - State the
mpact in feeling words
pecify what you prefer to see
C - State negative & positive