Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Argument
Pay attention to grammar
And one more thing...
Address the other viewpoint
Say Why it's wrong
Show why your point is more reasonable
Leave the Reader Thinking
Facts, Examples, Statistics, Good Reasons
Modals give stronger tone, and show what you think.
Don't say "I think that...." unless it is in the conclusion.
One sided....uses 3 points and gives your side of the argument
Things to avoid: How to use good reasons
Inserting too much emotion
Everybody loves ice cream.
Michael Jordan would be a great baseball player.
Animal testing should make everyone sick.
Many students fail the TOEFL, therefore it should be stopped.
John ate tacos for lunch. Then he failed his test. Therefore, tacos cause failure.
The wonderful forms of amazing tests
should not be stopped by the horrible and evil administration.
Pass the TOEFL or go home!!!
Use strong modals for your argument
Use WEAK modals for your opponent's argument