Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Math Recipes
By: MJ Grant
2/4 + 2/8
1. find LCM (lowest common multiple) in this case 8.
2. Make the LCM the denominator for the answer.
3. How many times it takes to get the LCM multiply the numerator by it in this case 2x2=4 1x2=2.
4. add the answers from step 3 together and put it on top of the LCM. 4+2=6
5. so your answer is 6/8.
Improper Fractions to mixed numbers
1. How many times 3 goes into 10
2. 10 divides by 3 is equal to 3 remainder 1
3. The remainder becomes the numerator the denominator stays the same and the whole number goes next to the fraction.
4. 3 1/3 is your answer
Multiplying fractions (W/ answer in simplest form)
1. Multiply BOTH the numerators 2*3
2. Multiply both the denominators3*2
3. The keep dividing each number by 2 or 3 until you cant anymore.
-Don't go to decimal -Divide by 3 odd -divide by 2 even
4. The answer you get is 6/6 or 1
5.enjoy your answer
1. Don't add them
2. Don't multiply numerator by denominator
1. The answer is
3.1 because 1 goes over the original denominator
2. Don't flip the denominator and don't divide wrong
1. Don't try to find the highest common multiple (HCM)
2. Don't make the LCM the numerator
Volume of a rectangular prism
1. Find the height, width, and the length.
2.Multaply the height, and the width
3.Multaply your answer to number 2 by the length
4. enjoy that you now know the volume of the rectangular prism
1. Don't add
2.Don't forget to multiply one of them
1. There are 6 kids and $60
2. You divide 60 by 6
3. your answer is 10
4. Multiply 10 by how many kids you want to know, to get the unit rate
5. Every 1 kids get 10 dollars
1. Don't mix up the numbers
2. Don't switch the numbers
Now Your Going To
Honey IM HOOOOME!
2/4 = ? = ?
1. Divide the denominator by 100
- Divide 100 by 4 equals 25
2. Multiply the answer from step one to the numerator
-Multiply 25 by 2
3. Place the decimal after the first two numbers going right to left
-place the decimal next to 5
4. Get rid of the decimal and add the percent sign (%) to the last number
-Place the percent sign (%) next to the 0
1. Don't place the decimal 3 numbers after instead of 2
2. Don't multiply the denominator by 100
3.236 - 1.12
1. Line up the decimals
2. Subtract from right to left without the decimals
3. Bring the decimal down into your answer
4. add a zero if the first number has more number
5. Enjoy the fact you have your answer
1. Be sure to line up the decimals
2. Don't add
Graphing in a 4 coordinates plane
1. For the first number is negative go back to the negative number side. But if it is positive you go forwards to the positive number side.
2. for the first number if it is negative you go down to the negative side. But if the number is positive you go up to the positive number side.
3. find the point then graph it.
4 Enjoy your answer!!!
1. Don't go the opposite way
2. Don't skip lines
Join SUPERB TURTLES in clash of clans Its ME AND MJ'S CLAN ITS THE BEST EEEVVEEERRR!
BTW this is a secret SHHHHH also
Bloon TD battles is AMAZING
MJ is way too Awesome and Michael is Amazing So yeh
We like games
The cow jumped over the moon when her jumped over the moon he found a chicken the chicken said to him BOK BOK the cow said what did u just say i do not speak chicken the chicken then said i was on chicken run and some guy threw me up here BOK BOK the cow said oh....
MJ Grant dictated not red
Micheal book Exerpt
This boy lived on a hill he lived there. He did not dead. );
Converting Fractions to decimals to precents
Area Of Squares, Rectangles, and Triangles
1. Find the length of the sides
2. Multiply two sides right next to each other
3. find the answer and put the unit next to it
4. If it is a triangle (B*H*1/2)
5. Enjoy your GREAT AWNSER
1. Don't add the sides together
2. Dont subtract the sides
1.line up the numbers by the decimals
2. Multiply from left to right
3. Bring the decimal down into the Awnser
4. Enjoy your DELICIOUS answer
1.Don't forget the decimal
2. Don't subtract
NOW IT IS TIME TO ZOOM OUT AGAIN
1. put the fractions next to each other
2. Change the devision sign to a multiplication sign
3. Flip the last fraction so the numerator is the denominater and the denominator to the numerator
4. Multiply across the top
1. Don't change the devision sign to a addition sign.
2.Don't change tthe first fraction
Now lets see what you have been buildings
POWER AND EXPONETS AND SQUARE ROOTS
1.for powers (ex. 9^9) do 9*9 nine times to find your answer
2.Exponets (9 ) you would do 9 times its self 3 times
3.Square roots you would divided 9 until you cant any more
1.Dont divied for exponets
2.Dont multaply for squsre roots
2/3 * 3/2
every 1 kid gets 10 bucks
5/8 / 4/6
12, 6, and 9
1. Find the lengths of each side.
2. Find the surface area of all the sides.
3. find the surface area of all the sides then add them up.
4. then and that's the total surface area.
7*8*2 because the other side of the cube has that same area, do it for all 3 sets of sides.
surface area= 262 cubic inches
1. Don't find the total area
2. DO NOT ADD!