Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
4 Marks of the Church
Transcript of 4 Marks of the Church
Para. 868: The Church is catholic: she proclaims the fullness of the faith. She bears in herself and administers the totality of the means of salvation. She is sent out to all peoples. She speaks to all men. She encompasses all times. She is "missionary of her very nature" (AG 2).
Para. 869: The Church is apostolic. She is built on a lasting foundation: "the twelve apostles of the Lamb" (Rev 21:14). She is indestructible (cf. Mt 16:18). She is upheld infallibly in the truth: Christ governs her through Peter and the other apostles, who are present in their successors, the Pope and the college of bishops.
Christ founded only one Church and he gives it its unity. The work of the Church has been, and continues to be wounded through apostasy, heresy, and schism. We work and pray for the reunion of all christians in the Catholic Church, in which the true Church of Christ susists. Though made up of sinful members, the Church is holy with the holiness of Christ. The Church has a universal mission to fulfill. The Church's foundation is the apostles and their teaching.