Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Old English Phonology: Overview of Changes
Transcript of Old English Phonology: Overview of Changes
PrIde to PrGmc
Short Low Back Merger (SLBM)
Long Low Back Merger (SLBM)
PrGmc to WGmc
Opening of /i/ and /u/
Retraction of /e:/
Split of /eu/
Gemination of consonants
WGmc to PrOE
Nasalization of /a:/
New diphthongs (homorganic)
Breaking of vowels
PrOE to OE
Restauration of /a/
Breaking by vowels
Palatalization of consonants
OE Phonological system
before 500 BC
100 BC- 1AD
c 456 AD