Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
andre blue bird of paradise
Transcript of andre blue bird of paradise
The blue bird of paradise can be found in Papua New Guinea. Mainly in central and eastern mountains of central ranges, west to Mount Hagen, Kompiam, and Tari area of Southern Highlands
It is about 30 cm long. It is a dark bird-of-paradise with stout and ivory bill. The blue bird has broken white eye-rings, blue wings, back and tail.
It will mostly eat fruit. It will also eat some small animals like arthropods and insects.
population and concerns
The beauty of the Blue Bird-of-paradise attracts humans. The numbers are believed to have dropped due to their being hunted. After that long period, hunting the Blue Bird-of-paradise was banned.
Now because of habitat loss they are on the brink of extinction. They lose their habitat because of land development. We need to study the nature of their habitat before we can begin meaningful conservation work.
The blue bird of paradise is also called paradisaea rudolphi