Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Spanish Vacation Project in Preterite/Imperfect
Transcript of Spanish Vacation Project in Preterite/Imperfect
The invitation was accepted by 40 “silleteros” who gathered in El Parque de Bolívar. They were such a hit that a group of citizens proposed that the farmers could prepare a more organized and attractive parade through the main roads of the “Beautiful Villa”; this gave birth to what we now know as the Flower Bearers Parade.
For a better comfort, not only for those moving the merchandise but also for those wanting to buy it, the country-people designed the "Sillas" which were made out of wood . It has a back and two grips that allows the silleteros to hang it on their shoulders. This helped loading large quantities of flowers with a lower physical burden. An object like this had been already used to transport people through steep mountains during the colonial period.
The use of the “silleta” was generalized, and with it, the word “silletero” which was assigned to those people who devoted their lives to sell flowers in the rocky streets of Medellín at the beginning of the 20th century. La Celebración La feria era muy hermosa y divertidas.
La feria estaba en la ciudad de Medellin.
La feria de flores era las tercero día de Agosto.
Cuando la gente vio las flores, sus rostros se iluminaban. Receta Colombiana: Pastel de Tres Leches Nuestro Viaje al Festival de Flores en Medellin Colombia. (Our Trip to the Flower Festival in Medelin Colombia) De: Mateo Tinahui y Jessica Sprayberry Colombian Recipe (Three Milk Cake) Cake:
1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
4 large eggs
1 1/4 cups water
Three milk soaking liquid
1 cup heavy cream
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
whipped cream Directions:
1. Preheat over to 350º.
2. Grease or "pam" 9x12 baking pan.
3. Beat eggs in a large bowl.
4. Add water and cake mix and beat 3 minutes.
5. Pour batter into pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, or until cake has lost its jiggly center and springs back when touched.
7. Let cool to room temperature.
8. Mix the 3 milks.
9. Poke cake full of holes. A chopstick works great for this. Don't skimp on the holes; that's what allows the cake to absorb the milks.
10. Pour the milk mixture over the cake slowly, until it's absorbed the liquid.
11. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Pastel de Tres Leches is a very popular dessert throughout Latin America. The origin unknown. Many different countries have their variations on this classic spanish dessert but they all consist of a cake soaked in a three milk mixture. Mateo y yo fuimos al celebración de flores en Medellin Colombia.
Mateo y yo vimos muchas cosas como el desfile de los silleteros, los fuegos artificiales, y el desfile de los autos clásicos. Vimos muchas gentes de otra países, cabellos y una gran cantidad de flores también.
Mateo y yo comimos muchas comida y vimos las diversas pantallas de flores.
La gente hicieron arreglos florales y un montón de comida para el festival. (The Celebration) Silleteros- Flower vendors/farmers that use their foreheads and backs to carry a chair full of massive amounts of flowers. La gente hizo silletas para vender a turistas.
Mateo y yo no jugamos ninguno juegos pero hay muchas juegos y actividades para niños.
La feria empiezo a las seis en la tarde.
El tiempo hacia hermosa cuando estuvimos en Medellin. Silletas- Usually means saddle but they also use it to describe the flower "sillas" that the farmers make the night before the big silleteros parade. Cuando era niña... Mi familia y yo Celebrábamos navidad. Hacemos adornos y cocinamos arroz con pollo. Mi otra familia vino a mi casa para cenar. Para navidad ponemos el nacimiento del niño Dios y nosotros decoramos el árbol de navidad.