Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Coaching Philosophy
What is a philosophy?
Not a "cute" quote
Why do you coach?
Great coaches are teachers
Popular Thoughts on Philosophy
Not acquired from one source
It is a background and the fundamental ideas that make you unique
Helps you make decisions.
Who do I coach?
What do my players want to get out of being on this team?
Your Three Selves
Things that test your philosophy
College coaches observing - recruiting
Personal competitiveness of the coach
Time of season
Problem athletes – player behavior
Philosophy > knowledge
1. Major Objectives
2. Your beliefs
Philosophy of life should influence your coaching philosophy.
Athletes model your behavior
X's & O's less important than CHARACTER & PHILOSOPHY
Based on Wins/Losses = TROUBLE
Living up to your own realistic standards
How much are you willing to share?
"I am afraid to tell you who I am, because, if I tell you who I am, you may not like who I am, and that is all I have"
Your Coaching Philosophy
Dealing with athletes