Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of First Aid
Types of Stroke
Ischemic stroke occurs as a result of an obstruction within a blood vessel supplying blood to the brain.
It accounts for 87 percent of all stroke cases.
Hemorrhagic stroke occurs when a weakened blood vessel ruptures.
The most common cause of hemorrhagic stroke is uncontrolled hypertension (high blood pressure).
Face: Ask the person to smile. Does the face drop to one side?
Arms: Ask the person to raise both arms. Did one arm drift downward?
Speech: Ask the person to repeat a simple phase. Is their speech slurred or strange?
Time: If you observe any of these signs activate or EAP or call 911.
Activate your EAP!
Have the Guest rest in the most comfortable position. This will often be on their back with their head elevated.
If vomiting occurs, get the Guest into the recovery position to keep the airway clear.