Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Case Study: The Vanna Venturi House
Transcript of Case Study: The Vanna Venturi House
The Architect: Robert Venturi
born in 1925 in Philadelphia
Studied at Princeton University School of Architecture
Continued at American Academy in Rome
Awarded Pritzker Prize in architecture
Authored "Complexity and Contradiction in Architecture" (1966)
Called for eclectic approach to design and openness
Coauthored "Learning from Las Vegas"
attempted to untangle perceived flaws in architecture
Branded as a rebel
"Less Is A Bore"
Began to question designs of modernist architecture
Acording to Venturi modernism was:
stark, plain, and disengaging
did not employ symbolism
lifeless with a lack of vitality
Venturi ' s Approach
Architecture should employ:
Symbolism and local influence
ambiguity and paradox