Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The influence of Videogame Violence on Children
Transcript of The influence of Videogame Violence on Children
- Effective Communication
- Responsibility as a
Video game designers and
Video game player
The influence of Video game Violence on Children
Violent Videos Defined
Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB)
Analysis of influence
- To develop
coordination using puzzles and mazes
- To promote
We love you mom and dad!
Yeah yeah, after this level...
I'm coming but I need to beat this level
The influence of violent video games has a
risk towards children,
WhAT IS VIOLENCE?
Violence is behavior involving physical force intended to
someone or something.
tool used to guide parents and should
identifier for the appropriateness to the child
In 1994, ESRB established a standardized scale with the assistance of American Psychological Association and Congress based on the following:
- Killing of people or animals
- The use and abuse of drugs and alcohol
- Criminal behavior
- Disrespect for authority and the law
- Sexual exploitation and violence toward women
- Racial, sexual, and gender stereotypes
- Vulgar and foul language
- Obscenities, and obscene gestures
key appears to be
Yeah Mom, in a minute...
Graduation Project Experience
What I Learned
To minimize the potential risk of violent video games' influence, parents interact with your children through positive outlets.
By: Brandon Christopher Simmons II
English IV Honors
Exposure = Amount of Time