Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
A&D Week 8 Reading strategies
Transcript of A&D Week 8 Reading strategies
Surveying and predicting
• look at the introduction and conclusion of the text.
Glossaries, Dictionaries and Thesaurus
Communication in Art, Design and Media
Research and evidence
Hermeneutics and Exegesis
Delete unnecessary or redundant words
Substitute super-ordinate terms/make categories
Create topic sentences
Engagement and preparation
Meaningful analysis and interpretation
Correct use of English
In the text taken from
by Gillian Rose highlight any words, devices or expressions that:
•aid in the movement from one sentence or idea to the next
•assist in making the text more cohesive
Cornell Note-taking System
time it was written
headings and subheadings
text type or genre
•What do you think the text might be about?
•How does this reading relate to what I already know or have read?
• to become familiar with the content
• to begin to think about the overall tone and the author’s argument.
•locate the thesis
• look at the first and last sentence of each paragraph.
• to locate something specific
• by moving your eyes over the text quite quickly with an aim in mind
to prepare for an exam
to form background understanding
to locate information
What have you discovered?
What does this new knowledge add to your understanding?
How have your ideas/opinions been influenced?
compare and contrast
Reading & research strategies