Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
What is Instructional Design?
Transcript of What is Instructional Design?
"Instructional Design is the systematic development of instructional specifications using learning and instructional theory to ensure the quality of instruction. It is the entire process of analysis of learning needs and goals and the development of a delivery system to meet those needs. It includes development of instructional materials and activities; and tryout and evaluation of all instruction and learner activities."
The design of quality instruction/courses based on the synthesis of instructional specifications and learning and instructional theory.
Encompasses the entire process of the analysis of learning needs and goals and the development of a delivery system to meet those needs
Includes the development of instructional materials and activities; and the evaluation of those strategies to understand their impact on learning.
What is instructional design?
Instructional Design translates pedagogical research and practice into instructional curriculum specifically crafted to produce desired learning outcomes. Technology is an integral tool used in the field -- however, implementing technology is not the goal of instructional design—good instruction is.
1. Create reusable learning object for OB surgical instruments
2. Brainstorm authentic formative assessment strategies for meeting with Dr. Thomas
3. Develop instructional strategies focusing on practical application for spiritual care module
4. Assist Dr. Clarke with the use of VoiceThreads for module summaries and student presentations
Apply the appropriate pedagogy for a specific learning environment for classroom, clinical, online, or blended delivery formats.
Assist in developing learning objectives and determining how to align those objectives with appropriate assessment strategies to measure the desired learning outcomes.
Relate effective ways of motivating and engaging students in activities designed for learning.
Become familiar with some of the technology tools currently available at Loyola University.
Select the technology that is most suitable for the course delivery format, the type of learning and the intended audience.
Adapt instructional materials created for one format to another such as translating classroom instruction to online learning.
Design and create multimedia or other supplements to support learning.
We can help you:
Have a project idea?
Interested in learning more?
Looking to engage your learners?
Need help with instructional strategies for a flipped classroom?
Schedule an appointment