Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
PHR/SPHR Exam Preparation - UMSL
Thomas O'Connellon 4 May 2014
Transcript of PHR/SPHR Exam Preparation - UMSL
About the Program
Our Human Resource certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking a Professional in Human Resources (PHR®) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR®) certification.
This intensive six-week program combines expert instruction with the SHRM Learning System®, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track as you prepare for the exam.
University of Missouri - St. Louis
College of Business Administration
School of Professional & Continuing Studies
As an added advantage, we use the newly updated 2014 SHRM Learning System. It features up-to-date content and advanced tools that streamline study time, accelerate learning and build confidence for passing the PHR or SPHR exam.
Assess. Study. Discuss. Succeed.
•An experienced, certified instructor
•The SHRM Learning System, ranked the #1 certification prep tool
•A structured learning experience that keeps you on track
•Opportunities to network and learn from your peers
•Tuition reimbursement and 3.5 CEUs
By attending our course, you’ll benefit from:
Access the SHRM Learning System via your PC, laptop, your mobile device, or e-reader making it easy to study wherever and whenever you have time.
Quickstarts, Assessment, Tests, Post-Test, Online Resource Center, Online Class Access
New features include improved content delivery
1a. Course Introduction & Study Skills
(And we'll feed you on the first day.)
1b. Business Management and Strategy (Module 1)
• Strategic role of HR in organizations
• HR business management skills
• Strategic planning process
• Evaluating the internal/external environment
• HR and the legislative and regulatory environment
2. Workforce Planning and Employment
• Employee rights, privacy and consumer protection legislation
• Organizational staffing requirements
• Job analysis and documentation
• Recruitment, flexible staffing, selection and retention
3. Human Resource Development
• Organizational development initiatives
• Adult learning and motivation
• Training and development
• Talent and performance management
4. Compensation and Benefits
• Compensation structure and systems
• Benefit programs (Government mandated, deferred comp plans, health care and other non-statutory benefits)
• Compensation and benefits legislation
• Evaluating compensation and benefits programs
5. Employee and Labor Relations
• Employee and labor relations legislation
• Union organizing and collective bargaining
• Unfair labor practices
• Discipline and complaint resolution
6. Risk Management
• Organizational risk
• Workplace safety, health, security and privacy
• Risk management legislation
September 18–December 4, 2014 from 5:30–8:20 PM (Tuesdays & Thursdays)
Classes every other week
Free (optional) Study Skills workshop
Register by August 29, 2014: $1,125
After August 29, 2014: $1,225
Next PHR Exam window:
December 1, 2014–January 31, 2015
Dates & Costs Fall 2014
Each of the 6 modules are covered in two 3-hour sessions in a week. There is a week off between each module.
A week is given between each module for independent study and reading. There are study groups and side sessions that can form during those off weeks and meet at the classroom.
All of the class sessions will be recorded and available the day after the class, however, a 70% attendance rate is required.
There will be several ways to ask questions outside of instruction hours to the instructor and other students.
Intensive Study Required
What is the SHRM Learning System?