Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of SCIENCE QUIZ BEE 2012
Transcript of Copy of SCIENCE QUIZ BEE 2012
ST. Scholastica's academy, mArikina
Grade School Department
Mrs. CATherine Orfano
1. The coverage of the quiz bee is Science and Technology.
2. There will be 7 competing groups. Each group will have three (3) members, one from each grade level.
3. The group will write their answers on their white board.
4. All groups will answer the same set of questions in writing. Before the question is read, the group must raise their markers.
5. There will be three (3) components in the competition namely: Easy Round, Average Round, and the Final Round.
6. The Easy Round has seven (7) questions worth 1 point each, the Average Round has nine (9) questions worth 2 points and the final round has five (5) questions worth 3 points.
7. The questions will be read by the quizmaster twice.
8. After the second (2nd) reading, the Quizmaster shall say “go”, only then will the groups be allowed to write their answers. Automatically, the (20) second time-limit will begin with the word “go” by the Quizmaster.
9. After the time-limit, the buzzer will ring. The groups must stop writing and must raise their answer boards.
10. The Quizmaster shall read the correct answer.
11. The judges will verify the answers of each group.
12. The contestants may erase the answers only after all answers have been verified.
13. The group who gets the highest number of points is automatically declared the champion or the runner-up as the case may be.
14. If there is a tie, a Clincher round will take place to determine the champion or the runner up, as the case may be. The first team to get a correct answer from this round wins.
15. The Board of Judges shall be in complete control of the contest. Their decision shall be final in all questions/protests.
Mr. Burt Lacsao
Computer, Health, PE Coordinator
Board of Judges
Mrs. Jonida Santos
1.What is the most abundant gas in the atmosphere?
D. Carbon Dioxide
2. Which of the following is a renewable source of energy?
B. Fossil fuels
3. Our throat divides into two separate tubes; the windpipe and the esophagus. What prevents the food from entering the wind pipe?
A. Mitral valve
4.Which kind of rock is also called volcanic or fire-formed rock?
A. Igneous rock
B. Sedimentary Rock
C. Metamorphic Rock
D. Conglomerate Rock
5. What is the nerve that transmits visual information from the retina to the brain?
A. Auditory nerve
B. Olfactory nerve
C. Optic nerve
D. Gustatory nerve
6. Which of the following gases does not trap heat?
A. Carbon dioxide
C. Water vapor
a. igneous rock
c. optic nerve
7. What is the largest planet in the solar system?
1. Several animal species, including scorpionfish and leaf frogs, can change their appearance to match their surroundings. What animal adaptation is this?
2. What simple machine uses grooved wheels and a rope to raise, lower or move a load?
3. In 2012, PAGASA launched the Rainfall Warning System (RWS) where colors are used to inform the people about the rainfall volume intensity in a particular area . What colors are used in this system?
4. The fear of what animal is known to be arachnopbobia?
5. Where are the tiniest bones in the body found?
7.What is the most abundant greenhouse gas in the atmosphere?
RED, ORANGE, YELLOW
8. Last year, the Department of Health (DOH) warned the residents of Iloilo to be vigilant in fighting an infectious disease caused by a mosquito with a new type of dengue virus. What disease is this?
6. What is the term used to refer to the sinking of land or air mass?
1. The viral craze Ice Bucket Challenge aims to raise awareness on ALS disease. What does ALS mean?
2. DENR is the government agency primarily responsible for the conservation, management, development and proper use of the country’s environment and natural resources. Who is the current secretary of DENR?
3. What chemical compound is the main component of marine animals’ shells, egg shells and corals backbones?
4. What does PHIVOLCS mean?
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Sec. Ramon Paje
Philippine institute of volcanology and seismology
National disaster risk reduction and management council
9.What substance caused the depletion of the ozone layer which is commonly used in spray cans, air conditioners and plastic foam?
5. Aside from PAGASA, what government agency is tasked to give information, awareness and most especially to prepare people in times of disasters and calamities?
4 Alert- Kyla Denise Santos
5 Creative Mary Andrea Faller
6- Charitable Songhwi Yoon
4 Patient- Francesca Chua
5 Peaceful- Mary Juvee De Guzman
6- Hopeful- Hadriel Beatrice Domer
4 Compassionate- Mary Joy Andoque
5 Industrious-Bianca CaRRANTO
6- Loyal-Alyssa Denise Villanueva
4 Prayerful- Mary Leila Faller
5 Persevering- Angela Galang
6- patriotic- Maria Sophia Morata
4 Simple-Pauline Clare Juan
5 reflective- danielle santos
6 just-halley marie carvajal
4 sociable - jamie Montañez
5 reliant- rein albesa
6 responsible- anthonette angeles
4 sincere- sophia isabelle
5 reflective- paulyne guba
6 prudent - jewella marie agpay
Junior Dance club
Mrs. Jennifer Medina
Student Activity coordinator