Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Undertanding by Design and planning 5E lessons
Transcript of Undertanding by Design and planning 5E lessons
Understanding by Design
Universal Backward Design
inquiry science lesson
It's great for planning units of instruction.
It also works really well for individual lessons.
What's to be learned?
How will you know it's been learned?
What will your instruction look like?
4. Extend (or Elaborate)
Putting UBD and 5E together
An Activity: The Inverted Cup
Experience the activity
Reverse-Engineer the Lesson Plan using UBD
Reverse-Engineer the Lesson Plan using the 5E frame
1. What is the context? (who/where/when/why)
2. What might be an Enduring Understanding?
3. (What might be a connection to content standard?)
4. What will you accept as evidence that you're students have learned what you want to teach them?
5. What will you do to prepare them to give that evidence? (In other words, what will your lesson look like?)
1. Plan each "E" in light of UBD.
2. Consider how the last "E" of day 1 relates to the first "E" of day 2.