Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
How The Olympics Changed
Transcript of How The Olympics Changed
The ancient Greek Olympic Games were first held in 776 B.C. They were part of a religious month a festival that was held in honour of the greatest of all Greek gods, Zeus. This became the most important festival in the Greek world. The Games were held in Olympia in Elis for five days, during the hottest days of the whole year. They were held once every four years. They were held for an amazing 1170 years. The competetors were all men for woman weren't allowed plus the men were all naked!!!
Nowadays we don't play sport naked and we do let woman take part. The Olympics is a much bigger event... World wide in fact. Having the Olympics in your country or city would be a great privilege. Of Course you would have more modern sports like Diving or Fencing. We also do a winter Olympic games which includes all the cold sports like ice skating, bob sledging and skiing.
By Oli Musgrave