Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Event Planning: The Big Vision to the Tiny Details
Transcript of Event Planning: The Big Vision to the Tiny Details
MINDSETS, SKILLS, and TRAITS you are ultimately working to instill in your students
The Big Vision to the Tiny Details
Ten Components of Event Planning
1. Vision 7. Branding
2. Goals 8. Participant
3. Budget Management
4. Guests 9. Plan B
5. Venue, Date, and Time 10. Important
6. Itinerary Contacts
- Participants will wear fun and appropriate prom wear.
- Participants and teachers will be featured in the social media theme through tweets, instagrams, and FB profiles.
- Students will listen to the student and staff emcees.
- Students will perform to popular, upbeat, and appropriate music.
- Students will feel prepared, welcomed, and excited.
- Audience will feel excited, proud, and impressed.
1. Students will support and encourage all participants appropriately.
2. Students will only be in designated areas of the school.
3. Students will follow all school rules and expectations.
...are consistent with Dream-Maker High School consequences
Norms and consequences will be included on permission slip, ticket sales booth, and reinforced by the emcees.
Students will complete a reflection and receive a DVD of the fashion show.
Plan an Event with Two Restrictions
- The show has
30 student volunteers
Students choreograph 60%
of the sets.
- All students
maintain a B- average
- Each student is
highlighted in the social media theme
Quantitative and Qualitative
CM will be able to...
...identify and define the top
ten components of event planning.
...practice the structure of
- Divide yourselves into groups of 3-4 people
- Each group will receive an
event and a budget
- Work with your group to plan
this event w. only these
Example, Prom Fashion Show
Students will understand the connection between
through 3 weeks of rehearsal and preparation. Students will learn that an
. Students will develop their
through creating a media campaign, choreographing sets, and preparing for the fashion show. Also, students will develop
through celebration of their progress, productive feedback, and features within the social media theme.
Answer these questions:
1. Were you surprised by any of the top ten components?
2. What were your major changes after taking the top ten into consideration?
3. How will you use this event planning knowledge in the future?