Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Diversity in the Workplace
Transcript of Diversity in the Workplace
What is Diversity?
"Cultural diversity is when differences in race, ethnicity, language, nationality, religion, and sexual orientation are represented within a community"
A state of having or being composed of different attributes
Diversity in the Workplace: Pros
Different cultures bring unique ways of thinking
Allowing different perspectives to analyze situations
Different cultures and experiences provide a vast knowledge base
Many companies are interested global expansion
Team-Oriented vs. Individualism
Time and Calendar Differences
Diversity in the Workplace: Cons
Stereotypes can lead to biases
Culturally diverse people have different opinions
Conflicts from diversity can result in lost productivity and negative emotions
1. How does the interdependence of people make their contributions more valuable?
2. As we become better acquainted with people of different backgrounds, does our fear and suspicion of them diminish? Do we learn to better appreciate their abilities?
3. What is the benefit of allowing- even encouraging-different groups to preserve their uniqueness while, at the same time, getting people of various backgrounds to work together for a common purpose?
4. How does the prejudicial treatment of one person endanger the rights of all persons?
5. What can each of us do to combat prejudice against groups to which we don’t belong?
Encourages toleration of others
The dilemma of difference
Categorization among people can create understanding of others and their functions
Understanding Cultural Differences
Changing Managers' Behavior
Benefits outweigh the costs because of an increasingly global marketplace
Companies should implement more diversity positions and diversity programs
Diversity management and cultural intelligence are essential
Fulfilling requirements vs. integrating it into the organization
Example: Chief Diversity Officer
Education on different groups
Statistics show minorities lower social ambition
Due to cultural differences
Formal social network (Mentoring)
Make someone responsible (Diversity Managers)
By: Team e-LEMON-atorz