Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How does media affect teens?
Transcript of How does media affect teens?
* how kids act towards their parents
* violence *Different media such as magazines, television, and movies feed teens a stereotype of what they should look like.
*In a resent survey of 9 and 10 year olds, 40% have tried to loss weight already!
*Protest have been brought up for editors of teen magazines to start acting responsibly. * Media has made it very easy for teenagers to get a hold of technology. Which makes them see even more media.
* Teenagers have a better time with technology than doing their homework.
* Kids that watch TV tend to have lower tests scores.
~ lower vocabulary
~ can not read as well as other teenagers * Media is affecting teenagers negatively everyday.
* Things need to be change within the media we let our teenagers see.
* Teenagers are affected in not just a couple of ways but a bunch.
* Media is always going to be in our lives, that doesn't mean it cant be a positive thing. * http://influence.bafree.net
* "The Truth About Teen Girls ." TIME Magazine U.S..
* http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=czvv59nEybQC&oi=fnd&pg=PP1&dq=media influence on teenagers&ots=tfV8m-ZYrV&sig=LoxJkL82c8C1Ut38PX75WU1wjs0 Have you ever wanted to try a stunt after seeing it on TV?
Have you ever wanted the same hair style or hair color as someone you saw in a magazine?
Have you ever seen a girl with a perfect body and wanted to look like her?
If you have answered yes to one of these questions media affects your life. * On average a teenager sees 10,000 food advertizements per year on television. Only 2% of those are for fruits and vegetables.
* Recent statistics say that 14% of children are now seriously overweight.
* 60% of overweight children already have at least one risk factor for heart disease.
* Teens are getting mixed messages from media everyday. They see skinny girls in magazines but than they are bombarded with commercials about fast food. * There are many different shows, like reality TV, and movies produced for teenagers to make them feel like they need to have sex to be cool.
* Some teens don't ever know about protection, they are so young.
* I know i was never fully tough about sex when i was in high school.
* It's the way some girls portray themselves. The way they dress, and act, and text. Story of Amanda Todd Amanda Todd started talking to a guy online. She started to really like him and she thought he really liked her too. He asked her to show him herself. Thinking he loved her she did. After awhile he wanted more and she didnt want to do it anymore. He blackmailed her and said he was going to show everyone if she didn't. Of course he showed everyone at her school the picture she showed him. She was made fun of and bullied from everyone at the school. She moved to a different school but it happened again. He found the school she was at and showed everyone the picture. People started to post things on her Facebook. She couldn't take it anymore and she ended up killing herself. In 2002 a study by Dr. Jeffery Johnson found a collation between teen television viewing and aggression. In another study in 1992 by the National Institute of Mental Health they found three major effect from teenagers watching violence on TV.
* children become less sensitive to the pain and suffering of others.
* children are more fearful of the world around them.
* children are more likely to behave aggressively toward and with others. THE END!!!