Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Dust Bowl
The dust bowl happened in the year of 1930-1938. It occured in the western parts, It did not effect the northern parts, That's what attracted strangers to California.
Dust, wind, soil, animals, Lack of rainfall
Over grazing, Farmers were reusing the same land, Which caused crop failure.
The people that migrated to California, Couldn't get any jobs. That caused an over crowd in California. They had no where to go, So they made shantytowns, They called this shantytown hooverville
Farmers over grazed the land, And reusing it, That caused the land to be extreamely loose and dry, It also caused the soil to lose the nutrients in it. when the wind blew, It picked up the soil and blew it all across the panhandles of Texas and Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, and kansas.
How it happened
effects of the dust bowl
The dust bowl caused pneumonia in children, There was no rain so there was crop failure, farm animals would suffocate from all the dust, even humans died from inhaling too much of the dust.
In 1930, the rain fall went down 30%, in 1934, the rain fall went down 50%.
The dust bowl