Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Vietnam War, by Ivonne Rovira
Transcript of The Vietnam War, by Ivonne Rovira
In 1965, President
Lyndon Baines Johnson
escalated the Vietnam War, ordering an increase the number of soldiers from 75,000 to 100,000 in 1965 and to 200,000 the next year.
1 in 10 soldiers who went to Vietnam died.
1 in 10 Vietnam soldiers died:
Our Generation: The Draft:
Lottery numbers for the draft:
Vietnam was involved in a civil war in which one party, whose strength in the north of the country was led by the communist Ho Chi Minh.
After China became a communist country, Republican politicians in the United States tried to blame Democratic President Harry S. Truman or the State Department, asking "Who lost China?
President after president did not want to be
"the president who lost Vietnam."
Where is Vietnam?
Prezi created by