Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
STAR REPORT- Friends
Transcript of STAR REPORT- Friends
BIPOLAR DISORDER Treatment Drug Therapy-lithium, anticonvulsants, antipsychotics, and benzodiazepines. These are all mood stabilizers.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy- how to adjust the thoughts that cause his behavior and actions and make him less impulsive and spastic. Monica Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder Definition by DSM IV: A pervasive pattern of preoccupation with orderliness, perfectionism, and mental and interpersonal control, at the expense of flexibility, openness, and efficiency, beginning by early adulthood. How it applies to Monica: She described her dry cleaner as Disneyland
Sorted her towels into eleven different categories
She described her new workplace as being "not just Health Department clean, but Monica clean."
When Ross tells her that one of his girlfriends has a messy apartment, Monica tries to go and clean the apartment because she is unable to sleep knowing about it
She is obsessive to the point that she even cleans her cleaning supplies, using a dustbuster to remove dirt from a vacuum cleaner and wishing there were an even smaller vacuum to clean the dustbuster Treatment: Psychotherapy:
Cognitive behavioral therapy can help. This is when the patient retrains their thought patterns and routines so that compulsive behaviors are no longer necessary
Be exposed to your fear to teach the patient healthy ways to cope with their anxiety. (Ex. elevator fear)
Medication is used to control signs and symptoms at the lowest possible dosage
Some psychiatric medications can help control the compulsions of OCD. Antidepressants are usually tried first. (they may help increase levels of serotonin, which could be lacking)
Your doctor may combine medications, such as antidepressants and antipsychotic medications, to make them more effective in controlling your symptoms. Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder Joey Tribbiani
Narcissistic Personality Disorder -A person with narcissistic personality disorder is described as being excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequacy, power, presige and vanity. Evidence of narcissistic personality disorder in Joey Tribbiani
-Joey is considered narcissistic due to his confidence towards women.
-He claims that his famous line "how you doin?" can win over any girl.
-Joey also believes that he is a great actor, when in reality; he can barely keep an acting job.
-Joey proves his narcissism with the other characters with his use of overconfidence, he uses "how you doin?" on Rachel and phoebe. Treatment for narcissistic personality disorder -Group therapy is the best treatment for this disorder, it is a form of behavioral therapy- the people may influence you.
-Group therapy can help to acknowledge others as separate persons and to decrease the need for self defeating coping mechanisms
-Group therapy can help with not addressing the self-centered issues, but it addresses self-worth. Dependent Personality Disorder Characterized by an excessive amount of advice and reassurance needed to make everyday decisions
Psychological dependence on other people She always calling her dad for money or help in any trouble shes in at the moment
Shes always asking her friends for advice on her love life
She always go back to Ross when she is in a bad place or needs a shoulder to cry on
Always trying to find that perfect man to complete her life Psychotherapy is considered one of the best forms of treatment because it allows the person to talk out their problems and make independent choices
Medication helps treat depression and stress related to being alone while having to make life decisions
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy allows the person to be aware of their thought and how their actions affect other people Paranoid Personality Disorder Definition: A mental health condition which a person often searches for hidden meanings in everything and reads hostile intentions into the actions of others. It is a long term pattern of distrust and suspicion. They feel that they are in danger. Evidence:
1. When a cat walks into Central Perk and Phoebe is convinced that it is her mother's reincarnation.
2. Phoebe is convinced that she is cursed because every time she goes to the dentist, someone around her dies, and a toothache is forcing her to make another visit. Treatment:
Treatment is difficult because people with this condition are often very suspicious of doctors. If treatment is accepted, talk therapy and medications can often be effective.
1. Anti-anxiety medications- relieves short-term severe anxiety
2. Antipsychotic medications- tranquilizes and reduces the psychotic behavior caused by paranoia
3. Antidepressants- helps improve the brain chemicals that transmit messages to the neurons Definition: Evidence: Treatment: Rachel Green Bipolar Disorder Definition:
Formerly called manic depression, is a mental illness that causes people to have episodes of severe high and low moods. The person feels overly excited and confident. These feelings can quickly turn to confusion, irritability, and anger. Made By: Alexandra, Claudia, Richa, Sam & Janet Schizotypal Personality Disorder Definition:
A mental health condition in which a person has trouble with relationships and disturbances in thought patterns, appearance, and behavior.
People with schizotypal personality disorder can have odd beliefs and behaviors, such as being convinced of having extra sensory abilities. 1. She is very open to the existence of paranormal phenomena and willing to consider the most bizarre scientific theories
2. Phoebe was even possessed by the spirit of an 82 year-old woman who had unfinished business.
3. Phoebe also claims to hear voices in her head, and at one point, even heard Joey singing in his head.
4. She also has a tendency to know what the other friends are up to. Evidence: Treatment:
Talk therapy is an important part of treatment. Social skills training can help some people cope with social situations. Medicines may also be a helpful addition.
1. Antidepressant or antipsychotic medications to help relieve associated conditions, such as anxiety, depression or other mood disorders
2. Psychotherapy- Building a trusting relationship
3. Behavior therapy- taught to respond to social cues with appropriate words, tone of voice or facial expressions
4. Cognitive therapy- identify and change distorted thought patterns
5. Family therapy- affected person a support structure and a boost in morale He portrays narcissistic traits as he hits on Rachel and Phoebe with his pick up line "How You Doin?"