Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Author's Perspective
1st - WHY they wrote
1. First, think about the AUTHOR'S PURPOSE for writing the text.
WHY did he / she write the text??
you to do or think something?
you about a topic?
you with a story?
3rd... Word Choices
3. Consider the words an author chooses to use.
Word choice is one way authors help readers to infer the meaning.
2nd... The TONE
2. Now that you know WHY, think about their TONE while writing.
The tone is his or her attitude toward the subject and audience.
This lets you know how they were
Identify the Author's Perspective!
Now that you know their
PURPOSE for writing
TONE while writing
WORDS that helped you feel what they feel
you can now figure out their PERSPECTIVE!
Zoom in for more tone words!
The author's perspective about the subject was....
Click the lightbulb to check
Why did he write the article?
Remember, you must
have evidence in the article.
Think back to our texts in UNIT 1...
How was Amundsen's
Do you think his victory
had anything to do
The AUTHORS PERSPECTIVE is how
an author feels about the topic he or
she is writing about.
Congratulations on exploring