Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of SAPPHIRE
Interested??? Questions..?? Just in case that wasn't enough...
Why... you ask??
Accolades... http://www.allbookstores.com/author/Sapphire.html http://www.apurnell.com/wilreadings/Sapphire.htm http://aalbc.com/authors/sapphireexcerpt.htm Born August 4, 1950 in Fort Ord, California
Parents were both involved in the Army
The move to Los Angeles
Black Power Movement
Back to School
Hard Times winner of Best Adapted Screenplay award for "Precious (2010)
winner of thenBlack Caucus of the American Library Association's First Novelist Award (1997) winner of the Book-of-Month-Club Stephen Crane Award for First Fiction (1997) American Dreams (1994)
Black Wings & Blind Angels (1999) High Risk 2: Writings on Sex, Death & Subversions, Critical Condition: Women on the Edge of Violence, and Women on Women: An Anthology of American Lesbian Short Fiction.
Mediations on the Rainbow: A Book of Poetry
"Push" and the Atlantic Monthly
winner the MacArthur Scholarship in Poetry and Downtown Magazine's Year of the Poet III Award (1994) Education
Drive for Writing