Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Athletics Current Issue Project
Transcript of Athletics Current Issue Project
Create active learners(Image Bearers of God)
Higher order thinking/problem solving
Effective Christian leaders.
Engage student-athletes more effectively within the athletic department through:
1. Film Analysis
2. Practice Planning
3. Devotions/Spiritual Integration
My Experiences as a Coach
Posting Practice Plans
The Practice Itself
Lack of Involvement
The Wrong Approach (see clips)
2. Lack of Depth
No room for "OLD SCHOOL" coaches?
“Confronting the human tendency to be comfortably mediocre is exhausting. It’s a battle in leadership.” Dave Brandt (Navy Men's Soccer Head Coach)
No Room for
Uncomfortable at Bible Study?
Examples of the Wrong Way
What a typical session might look like.
A better way:
1. Who?: All players participate
--groups within team look at film together
2. Why?: Visual "eyes"/Field Vision
3. How?: Hudl (web based video software)
4. Other possibilities:
--use of iPad or cell phone at practice
for peer coaching
A Better Way
Meaningful Player Involvement
1 Timothy 4:8: For physical training is of some
value, but godliness has value for all things,
holding promise for both the present life and
the life to come.
1. Theme Based Devotions: Fist Attributes
Care, Culture, Passion, Respect, Trust
2. Player Led Retreats/Circles
3. Apply to Leadership Principles
Model what they want others to do
Empower other people