Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Jules Verne
His career begins
He was more interested in writing plays than law school. In 1880 he started to write many plays. His friend, Alexandre Dumas, encouraged him to give up law school entirely and begin a ten year period of play writing.
He starts writing
in 1859-1860 Verne and his wife took the first trip to the British Isles, and he was inspired to write voyage en Angleterre et en Ecosse. In 1861 his only child Michel Jean Verne was born. His novels have been rejected until he changed the genre he wrote in. In 1863 he published 5 Weeks in a Balloon. Over the next 10 years he could create many classic novels.
In 1886 his favorite Nephew, Gaston, tried to murder him. A bullet hit Verne in the leg and he had to limp the rest of his life. 2 weeks later Vernes mother died. In 1905 Verne died at his home in Amiens, France
He hits his stride
Verne bought a ship making his thirst for travel and adventure easier to quench. He and his wife spent a lot of time sailing. These gave him ideas for short stories. He could live on his writing and his reputation was spreading around the world.